29 May 2007

Na-na-na-na. Hey hey hey! GOODBYE!!!

Cindy Sheehan, the patron saint of the anti-American left, has announced that she is retiring from her career of pandering to homocidal dictators and leeching off of the memory of her dead son (via SeeBS News):
"I am going to take whatever I have left and go home. I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost," Sheehan said.

"I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources," she said.

In announcing her decision in a statement released to the liberal blog Daily Kos, Sheehan said the protest had taken an enormous physical and emotional toll on her.

Sheehan said she had sacrificed a 29-year marriage and endured threats to put all her energy into cashing in on the memory of her dead son to travel around the world and hobnob with murderous dictators stopping the war.
Well boo-flippin'-hoo. I guess she finally came to the realization that the American public was fed up with her charade, her Anti-American gestures in photo-opping with Hugo Chavez, and her genral obnoxiousness. Bye-bye, Cindy!

Oh, and I love how Mama Sheehan ends her "resignation letter":
This is my resignation letter as the “face” of the American anti-war movement. This is not my “Checkers” moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.

Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

It’s up to you now.
Oh no!!! What are we going to do now??? Why, this country has only existed for 200+ years without the sagacious wisdom of Saint Cindy!! we're doomed I say, DOOMED!!!!

Uh, Cindy, we never asked you to open your flap in the first place. We sure ain't gonna miss ya. Now, please, go, and take Alec Baldwin with you.