31 May 2008

What's in a name? Just ask Creflo DOLLAR

Skimming through the blogosphere, I ran across this article by PJ Miller at Sola Dei Gloria. Not content to let todd Bentley be the only one commanding angels, Cashflow Creflo has decided to ratchet up his heretical pattern of demanding that God do what Creflo commands Him to do:
Angel Power Confession

Because I am the righteousness of God, angels have been sent to minister to me. They respond to the Word of God which I speak. Therefore, I loose angels with the words of my mouth. I say today, let the Lord be magnified who takes pleasure in my prosperity. In the name of Jesus, I command the angels to bring to me prosperity in my spirit, in my home, in my body, in my family life, and in my finances.

I declare promotion and command the angels to bring promotion into my life. I have a blood-bought covenant promise from God Almighty to multiply exceedingly. Therefore, I confess I am exceedingly fruitful and blessed, right now, in Jesus’ name! I command the angels of God to go and bring this covenant to pass in my life now! I have the power to get wealth, and release the angels to bring wealth into my life.

I declare right now that I am healthy, healed, delivered, and freed from the bondage of sin. I am the head always, and never the tail. I am above only, and never beneath. I lend, not borrow, and everything I put my hands to prospers.

I walk in the favor of God and my favor is increased even as I am speaking. I have more than enough money to pay every bill that comes in, and I declare I am totally debt-free now! I have the authority of Heaven and in the name of Jesus, I declare that whatever I bind on the Earth, is bound in Heaven, and whatever I loose on the Earth, is loosed in Heaven.(
source)

I don't even know where to begin with this nonsense. The angels are NOT at our command. We can no more command angels than we can command God. We are never promised health or wealth. I wonder why it is that all thse heretics who love to go around spouting about how Abraham was rich, David was rich, Solomon was rich--but they never once talk about how the apostles, after they started spreading the gospel, were never rich. They lost everything. All of them--save John--were martyred insome of the most gruesome ways possible. We could spend all day talking about how the apostle Paul's life wasn't always sunshine and puppies after he started preaching the gospel. But these robbers and thieves won't tell you these things. They'll just cherry-pick a few verses, twist them in the molst abominable ways, and abscond with your cash.

As they command angels. Hogwash.