28 August 2007

"Fandango" + "Reservation Rewards" = RIPOFF!!!

When Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer came out over the summer, my wife and I didn't want to worry about the movie being sold out (a worry we need not have had), so we went through Fandango and ordered our tickets online. And they gave us a great offer: A free ticket!! What a deal...or so I thought. The next month on our credit card bill, there was a $10 charge for something called "Reservation Rewards". "Huh, what's that," we thought. It dawned on me later that I had seen it at the Fandango site when I agreed to the "free" ticket.

Apparently, I'm not alone. Google "Fandango" + "Reservation Rewards" and see what you come up with. If you buy your movie tickets through Fandango, don't fall for the "free ticket" scam, as it is just a way for them to rip you off.