23 July 2007

Daily Kos: The dunghill of the internet

Especially when they post a pile of hot, steaming...well, you know...like this (I will warn you now, if you are easily offended by vulgar language, don't click the link):
So yes, I resent my support for the killing of Iraqis for which I get not even a memento or trophy. But do I still support the individual men and women who have given so much to serve their country? No. I think they’re a bunch of idiots. I also think they’re morally retarded. Because they sign a contract that says they will kill whoever you tell me to kill.

And that is morally retarded. Friends, the most important moral decision a man makes in the course of a day is "Who am I going to kill today?" That’s a decision you should agonize over, dream about, rehearse in your mind for hours, not just leave up to some hare-brained President you didn’t even vote for. A man’s killing list is a very personal matter. It should be between him and those persistent voices in his head.

So to sum up, I don’t like our troops, I don’t like what they’re doing, I don’t like their fat, whining families, and yet, I support them. Thank God I live in a free country. Thank You.
(hat tip: IMAO)

If you've never heard of the author of the post (A. Whitney Brown), don't be ashamed. He's a former member of the cast of Saturday Night Live (motto: "We know we're not funny. But, hey, even no-talent, wannabe hack comedians gotta eat, too!"). And since he's left the show he's been...doing something, I think. Oh, yeah, he's been working for Air America Radio (motto: "If you people won't get us out of bankruptcy, we'll be forced to make you pay for it with your tax dollars!!").

So, Markos Moulitsas Zuniga (a/k/a Kos) lets this whackjob spew his anti-American, spit-on-the-flag-and-insult-the-soldiers-that-are-defending-his-neck venom on his website. But don't question his patriotism.