23 July 2009

Welcome, Emily Frances Schlueter!

ingridschlueter

Ingrid Schlueter, host of Slice of Laodicea and The Hope Blog (formerly Hope In Laodicea), gave birth July 22 to a 7 lb, 7 oz. little girl. Please pray for Ingrid, her husband Tom, their son Sam, and new daughter Emily, that God would continue to use them for His glory!!

Sam writes at The Hope Blog:
This is Sam, Ingrid’s son, writing on my mom’s behalf. She’d like to thank each and every one of you for your prayers and encouragement over the last 8 months. I’m here in the room with her now, and she says the following:
The Lord has been so merciful and good to us and the baby. Emily is doing very well. They just took me to see her get her first bath in the nursery, and they let me hold her! Due to medication, I hadn’t been able to see her or hold her til this afternoon. I had forgotten how soft baby’s skin really is. She’s absolutely beautiful (of course I would think that), with dark hair like Tom, and a mouth like William’s. I’m so excited to get to know this new little Schlueter. Thanks again, everyone! Love, Ingrid