- OK, so the LDS church uses the name of Jesus Christ in the title of their organization. That makes them "Christian," right? Well, if you believe that followers of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society worship Jehovah. After all, they call themselves "Jehovah's Witnesses."
- And just which Jesus do you follow? The one who was one with the Father since eternity past, who was born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit? Or the one who "progressed to Godhood" in some pre-mortal existence, was Lucifer's brother, and was conceived by literal, physical, sexual intercourse between Mary and Heavenly Father? If you don't know the real Jesus, you follow a false gospel, and you are lost. Sorry, that's just how it is.
- Yeah, yeah, yeah, the whole "restoration" nonsense. Nothing more to see here. Move on.
- He's the center of our "future dreams and aspirations." Um, Mr. Ballard, sir? Jesus is the center of everything! He is not just someone we call on to make our lives here on earth a little more comfortable. He is the one we worship, and call out to for forgiveness from our sins. Which brings me to the next point.
- "Willingness to know what His teachings are, and keep His commandments." What about "repentance" or "being dead to sin" or "taking up our cross and following Him"? I guess the good Elder just couldn't squeeze any of that stuff into this PR video.
26 February 2008
YES or NO--Are Mormons Christians?
Once again, we find Elder Ballard at a loss to answer, in plain, straightforward terms, a simple question. Here he is as he ducks and dodges saying what he can't bring himself to say: