23 August 2007

More wit and wisdom from Elvira Arellano

Apparently, she's not the criminal here. It's us, because we allow so many criminal crossings. While the massive flood of illegal immigrants is criminal, does that mean if I go to Wal-Mart and leave my car unlocked, that I'm the criminal because someone broke in? (via Hot Air):
Arellano, however, was focused Monday evening on the agonizing question of whether her son, Saul, would stay with her in Mexico or return to Chicago, where he has lived most of his life. Family friend Rev. Walter “Slim” Coleman said late Monday he expects the boy will return to Chicago for school. Earlier, Arellano had said she hoped he would stay with her, but would take Saul’s wishes into account.

“I will continue to tell him about the beauties of
my country,” she said. “He will know that he will have a marvelous future here.”…

Arellano said Monday that she has no intention of trying to return either legally or illegally to the United States. She has already received a job offer in Mexico.
“I am in
my country. I can walk through the streets free, without fear,” she said.
Well, if that's your country, then stay there. If you and your son will have such a bright future in Mexico, then tell your ocntrymen to stay there as well, until they can come to our country through the proper channels!

I am not against people emigrating to this country. My great-great-great-grandfather came here from the Highlands of Scotland sometime way-back-when. My ancestors on my father's side came here from Holland and Germany. But they went through the proper channels, they did not spit in the face of--and disrespect--the laws of this land! And it is not fair to the citizens of the United States--or those who emigrate here the right way--for these people to jump the line and demand money and every other service from our government.

This woman is a tool for the Mexican government to use in dumping all their problems into the U.S.