14 August 2007

"I was just an innocent thug, er, bystander"

Well, apparently, we've got it all wrong. Adam "PUNKman" Jones was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when several thugs in his entourage shot up the place, and put one guy in a wheelchair. From The Tennessean:
In an interview scheduled to air tonight on HBO, suspended Titans cornerback Pacman Jones said he has no worries about his legal problems in Las Vegas.

"I know the truth is gonna come out, at the end of the day," Jones told Bryant Gumbel of Real Sports. " ... And I'll tell you, 'I told you so.' ''
[...]
Authorities said Jones used threat or force to prevent the club's bouncers from doing their jobs. One of the shooting victims, a bouncer, remains paralyzed from the waist down.

"
Innocent bystander,'' Jones said of the Las Vegas incident. "Wrong place, wrong time. … I guess I'm the big fish in the little pond. I never touched anybody; I never hit no girl; I never told any one of them that I was gonna kill them.

"I wasn't even there at 4 a.m.," when the shooting took place in Las Vegas.

Las Vegas police continue to look for a "person of interest" in the case, but Jones said he doesn't know him.

"If anybody know this guy, please turn him into the Las Vegas Police,'' Jones said. "I would thank you for doing that."

Jones, who has been suspended from the NFL for the 2007 season for violating the league's personal conduct policy, has been arrested six times.
Yep, he wasn't doing anything wrong! Wrong place wrong time! Might I add, surrounded by the wrong people! Is it just me, or does his denial sound a lot like another guy that said, "I'm going to find the real killer"? Let's dispense with all the nonsense and admit that the guy wasn't in that strip club to hand out gospel tracts. He went in there, specifically to cause trouble and launch himself into the same circles as your garden variety gangsta rapper thug.