19 April 2007

YESSSSS!!!

I just know Satan is going to try and do something to ruin the mood I'm in after hearing about the Supreme Court's decsion to uphold a ban on cold blooded murder partial birth abortion. It may not be the complete overthrowing of Roe v. Wade, but Justices Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy (Yes, Justice Kennedy. I know, I know.) have taken us a step in the right direction by ending this horrible scourge (read the decision here).

I haven't read what the left half of society has to say about it, but I'm not sure I want to. They are probably using more four-letter words than I care to encounter. I guess I could link to Susan Estro Estrich and her left-wing screed about how cold blooded murder partial birth abortion is somehow "necessary" for the well-being of this country. Or, something.

Instead, I will direct you over to Ankle Biting Pundits, where the people commenting are making more sense in a few words than Kate Michaelman, Gloria Allred, or ruth bader Ginsburg have made in their entire lives. Here is a sample:

Boomshak Says:
April 18th, 2007 at 11:46 am
Pete,

Oh wise and just one

I have never heard a liberal explain exactly “how” PBA protects the life of the mother. If the mother’s life is at risk, why not just deliver the baby alive, by C-section if necessary?

How on earth does killing the baby before delivering it protect the “life” of the mother? “Lifestyle” yes, “life” no.

SFtrooper Says:
April 18th, 2007 at 12:29 pm
As a former fetus, I’m quite pleased with this decision.


air65cav Says:
April 18th, 2007 at 12:42 pm
As I understand it, the so-called partial birth abortions are performed on late-term babies that are otherwise viable outside the womb.

There seems to be no logical difference between such procedures and infanticide. If I pulled the baby all the way out, it would be murder. But because I only pulled the head out of the mother, I only killed a clump of cells? What type of person can say this with a stratight face?

The sad part is that 4 Supreme Court Judges found that a woman and her doctor have a constitutional right to do this. Would they be willing to stand alongside the doctor while this is done? Doesn’t some sense of morality exist?

THIS ONE IN PARTICULAR SUMS IT ALL UP:
Drag-n-fly Says:
April 19th, 2007 at 8:23 am
If my wife were to have a baby at home,then I crushed it’s skull with a hammer,sucked it’s brain out with the Hoover,then threw it all in the trash (or sold the parts),I’d be branded a sadistic killer and imprisoned for life. If she had the baby in the hospital and a doctor did a partial birth abortion,then he has millions of supporters who will fight for his right to do it.

The difference? The doctor has found a way to make BIG money killing a baby and I haven’t. That’s the ONLY difference.
there's a woman named Peggy Loonan, who is the head of a pro-abortion group called (ironically) Life and Liberty for Women. I had an e-mail dialog with her a couple years ago when she came out and tried to say that in the book of Exodus, there is proof that GOD doesn't consider a child in the womb to be alive. I won't go into all the details, but she also argued that a child is not alive until it (her words) "breathes through the nostrils." Well, guess what? During a D & X (Dilate and Execute), a child's head is brought outside of the womb, and guess what that child does? That's right, it breathes through the nostrils. This woman would just not be convinced, even after I showed her that her argument was wrong, and where the Bible does say that a child in the womb IS A LIVING PERSON.

In the wake of all the deaths at Virginia Tech this week, GOD has shown Himself to be loving and gracious by saving the lives of many more children who will get to actually see the light of day. Thank You Lord, and praise be to Your Holy Name!!