05 December 2006

Psalm 116:15

Psalm 116:15--"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints."

If I understand that verse correctly, then Friday was a precious day for Him. One of His saints, a man I am delighted to call my brother in Christ, left this miserable rock, and is in the very presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.

It's hard to say goodbye to a fellow saint. I didn't even have a chance. I was in Pennsylvaina to see my sisters, and got a call Friday night that he had died. There was no warning it wa going to happen. His wife heard him breathing strangely, and called a friend who then told her to hang up and call 911. It was too late. He was gone.

His wife is taking it hard. The funeral was today, and she was there. Well, somebody who looked like her was there. But it wan't her. It's so hard to see her like this. She's such a sweet person, to see her withdrawan and standoffish is really diffcult. I just hope she doesn't trust her own strength and willpower to get through this. She has a wonderful network of believers she can count on to pray with her and for her. And above all else, she has the Holy Spirit of GOD, our Helper, our Comforter, our Friend. If, by some strange circumstance somebody does read this, please pray for her.