06 December 2006

Of Course, Some Flatulence Comes Out The Other End

Gwyneth Paltrow is sounding more and more like the anti-American she is every time she opens her mouth. After saying that people in Britain were "more intelligent and more civilized" than Americans, she says that she would neeevvvvver say some thing like thaaaaatttt. Apparently, she was speaking in Spanish when she said it. Was what she said lost in translation? When she heard about the flap over her remarks, she said,

"I definitely did not say that I think the British are more intelligent and civilized than Americans. I am a New York girl, that's how I always think of myself and see myself...Obviously I need to go back to seventh-grade Spanish!"

Maybe she should just go back to seventh grade period!!! And lest you think that this was just some slip on her part, listen to some of her past quotes:
  • To Britain's Star magazine in February 2006: "I love living in the UK! Brits are far more intelligent and civilized than Americans."
  • To London's Guardian in January 2006: "I love the English way, which is not as capitalistic as it is in America. People don't talk about work and money; they talk about interesting things at dinner parties. I like living here because I don't tap into the bad side of American psychology, which is 'I'm not achieving enough, I'm not making enough, I'm not at the top of the pile.' It's just kind of like, I am."
  • To Harper's Bazaar in September 2006: "People think it's strange that I want to live here. But London is where my husband lives and works…It's not as hectic as New York and not as vapid as Los Angeles...[Her British firends are] intelligent and they're not looking over my shoulder at dinner to see if there's anyone better walking in."
  • To Toronto's Globe & Mail in September 2005: "I've always been drawn to Europe. America is such a young country, with an adolescent swagger about it. But I feel that I have a more European sensibility, a greater respect for the multicultural nature of the globe. And it's a strange time to be an American now."
  • To London's Evening Standard in December 2005: "I find the English amazing how they got over 7/7. There were no multiple memorials with people sobbing as they would have been in America. There, they are constantly scaring people but at the same time, people think nothing of going to see a therapist."

(Quotes from the Associated Press via Comcast News. Story here)

So, answer a question. If 99.99999% of Hollywood is anti-American, why do people give these people so much credence when it comes to world matters? These people are flaming idiots, folks!!! Wake up!!!