Now, far be it from me to find anybody guilty of "flying while Muslim". Does the appearance of a Muslim on a jetliner give me a bit of trepidation? Yes. But that wasn't what these men were doing. They chanted "Allahu Akbar!!", spoke loudly against the United States and in favor of Osama Bin Laden, would not sit in their assigned seats (and in fact sat in a pattern identical to the 9/11 hijackers) and asked for seatbelt extensions, even though they did not need them. These actions, taken as a whole, would disturb me greatly, and would, more than likely, cause me to ask that they be removed, so that I (and the others onboard) might arrive at our destination...ALIVE!!!
So now, at CAIR's website, they show potential terrorists how to act in public, how to gin up support for their jihad, and how to convert the US into a Muslim country (after all, they are a religion of peace. wink wink, nudge, nudge). I will say this: some of their points, I cannot disagree with. They cover rights afforded all Americans under the Constitution. However, look more closely at some of these tips:
Notice wht they say to do in some of these steps. First, insist that police treat it as a "hate crime". That's the problem I have with so-called "hate crime" legislation. It's makes police have to read the mind of the alleged perpetrator. Now, I'm not one for people who use ethnic slurs, but you can't go around putting people in jail just because they hurt someone's feelings. Burning a cross--put them away!! Calling someone a name--let it slide.
If you believe that you have been the victim of a hate crime, you should:
1.Report the crime to your local police station immediately. Ask that the incident be treated as a hate crime. Follow up with investigators.
2. Report the crime to CAIR. You can do this by emailing email@example.com or by calling 202-488-8787. Inform CAIR even if you believe it is a ‘small’ incident.
3. Document the incident. Write down exactly what was said and/or done by the offender (including dates, times and places). Save all of the evidence and try to take photographs.
4. Act quickly. Each incident must be dealt with right away, not when it is convenient.
5. Decide on the appropriate action to be taken. Consider issuing a statement from community leaders, holding a news conference, organizing a peaceful protest, meeting with local officials or starting a letter writing campaign.
6. Mobilize community support. Make sure that the local mosque or prominent American Muslim organizations are aware of your situation.
7. Stay on top of the situation. Make sure you follow up with police, local media and community leaders to make sure that your case is receiving the attention that it deserves.
8. Announce results. When the incident is resolved, make an announcement to the same people and organizations originally contacted.
Look at step 2. "Notify CAIR". This is so they can make a full blown media spectacle out of it. CAIR is this generation's NAACP, except more violent and anti-American.
Step 5, "decide on the appropriate actions." Ummm, I thought this was up to the local law enforcement agency. Basically, what CAIR is telling Muslims who get their feeeelings hurt is, "Hey, ya wanna go blow these people up? Praise Allah!! LULULULU!!!"
Finally, steps 6 and 7. Get in touch with your local mosque, and alert the media!! Yep, that's what I do when somebody offends me!! Call the TV station, Ma!! Someone done called me a "honkey cracker!!" Please!!
Listen, if somebody hurts your feelings, GET OVER IT!! Especially if you are shouting "Down with America!!!" while praising the man who was responsible for putting together an operation that killed thousands of Americans and asking the flight attendant to give you a potential weapon!!
You can read more at Hot Air.